HOUSE BLEND “THE FAT MULE”
Our house blend is a perfect balance between a natural processed Brazilian coffee form Pocos de Caldas and a selection of our top three Colombian washed coffees. The result after a careful roast for each profile is a sweet and mellow coffee, a mouthful of milk chocolate, walnut and caramel.
San Sebastián – Organic Single Farm
The San Sebastián coffee plantation stands out on its prominent environment, preserving the biodiversity of fauna and flora, promoting social development and economic growth of our fellow country people. The San Sebastián farm is well known for sustainably growing outstanding specialty coffee, influenced by sensory attributes and practical farming techniques that create a product with unique characteristics. The coffee beans are grown in the shade at 1850 m.a.s.l using innovative organic methods and leveraging on the particular microclimate of the farm that allows for thermal amplitude between the day and night, creating a coffee bean that offers a unique flavour.
- Farm: San Sebastián
- Region: Santander
- Altitude: 1.850 m.a.s.l. (Colombia)
- Variety: Colombia and Caturra
- Processing: Hand picked, semi-washed, sun dried
- Harvest: May – Jul & Oct – Jan
- Certificates: Organic, Rain Forest, Utz.
- Cupping Notes: Red fruit notes, juicy medium acidity with flavours of sweet berry and chocolate. Good body on a clean balanced cup and sweet after taste.
“Colombia Supremo – El Jardin” Single Farm
This Colombian coffee comes from a farm called “El Jardín”, located in the Orchid Valley on the hilly terrain of the western mountain range, where talented and passionate farmers have managed to position their coffee as one of the best and most demanded around the world, by ensuring not only top quality but also full traceability of the beans.
From this particular farm we source only an exclusive selection of the biggest cherries -screen 18, classified as Supremo- that are hand picked, carefully selected and naturally depulped before a 16-hour fermentation, washing and sun drying process that is always environmentally friendly and protects the sustainability of the fertile land of the farm as well as the biodiversity of the region.
- Farm: El Jardín
- Region: Suaza, Huila
- Altitude: 1450 - 1750 m.a.s.l.
- Variety: Caturra and Colombia
- Processing: Washed
- Harvest: Oct - Jan / Apr-Jul
- Cupping Notes: Almond, walnut and sweet spicy flavor notes of caramel with bright citrus acidity and round body.
Colombia – Popayán Reserve
This well balanced coffee has a round body and notes of soft tropical fruit and caramel. It is harvested as part of a special program consisting of 32 farmers who receive constant support from our importing partners. The program ensures not only best quality standards are followed, but also guarantees farmers are paid a fair price for their coffee.
- Farm: 32 Farms reserve program
- Region: Popayán, Cauca
- Altitude: 1.500 - 1.800 m.a.s.l.
- Variety: Caturra and Castillo
- Processing: Washed - fermented for 24 hours and sun dried for 9 days
- Certificates: Cupping score: 84
- Cupping Notes: Smooth tropical fruit and caramel